Saturday, March 10, 2012

Orientation Day

We arrived into Nashville yesterday for the Fuller Center Spring Bicycle Adventure.  We've met each other, and taken the time to be oriented to the week that we'll be together.

Orientation is done ~ tomorrow we'll start riding down the Natchez Trace Parkway.

As part of our orientation, we took a 'practice ride' around Nashville today.  I've never been here before, and I'm discovering that (at least where we've been so far) it's a beautiful city. 

I'm excited to see a beautiful part of the country at a beautiful time of the year ~ I'm more excited to get to know these surprising and remarkable folks who I'll be riding with for the week. 

Tomorrow, before we start the actual ride, there will be a send-off ceremony.  For those who might be interested, the send-off will be streaming live online.  The plan is to have a send-off ceremony at 11:30, and to start riding at about noon *Central Daylight Time* ~ make your own adjustments for time zone.  I'll put the ustream address for the send-off up as soon as I know it. 

Let the adventure continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment