Wednesday, June 15, 2011

ankle liminality

In a few minutes, I go to the doctor's office for my first post-surgery appointment. I guess he'll take the stitches out, and then evaluate my ankle. Over the past week, I've been coming to grips with the reality that this summer will be quite different from others, since my activity will be confined to what I'm able to accomplish with a big boot covering my leg, which starts at the calf and allows only then end of my big toe to stick out the other end.

The boot is a walking boot, so I imagine I'll be able to be as active as the boot and the strength of my ankle allows. One of the questions I'll ask the doctor is how much I'll realistically be able to do with the boot on. Then I'll have a better idea about how to plan the rest of the summer.

For now, though, I'm sitting on a coffee shop patio in lovely weather, good jazz music on the speaker above my head ~ and for another little while, I'm sitting in that liminal space between what isn't and what may or may not come to be.

For what it's worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment