Wednesday, July 31, 2019

I Place My Foot Carefully: A Reflection on Moving


“I place my foot carefully
            deliberately
            out of necessity
      so that my progress is
            smooth
      unhindered by a misstep
            a stumble

using my hands well
      is critical
      they’re instrumental
            in maintaining good balance
      and help facilitate
            forward progress

it takes concentration
      my body knows
            physically
      when my mind wanders
      then brings all of me back
            to focus
            on the next step

when it all works together
      I get where I’m going
            and revel in
      success achieved”

was written about climbing Class 3 ridges in Colorado’s high country; also applies to recent excursions along city sidewalks.

1 comment: